Damages and Medical Malpractice
Track Record: Verdicts and Settlements
Illinois State Court- Settlement for $7,500,000.00 for an accident causing total physical incapacity. (Confidential)
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for San Juan, P.R. - Settlement of $820,000.00 due to neurological damages. (Confidential).
U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico - Settlement of $1,300,000.00 due to neurological damages. (Confidential)
U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico - Settlement of $285,000.00 due to surgical damages.
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for Caguas, P.R. - Court sentence of $150,000.00 due to a 7% of partial disability.
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for Arecibo, P.R. - Settlement of $500,000.00 due to neurological damages.
U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico - Settlement of $500,000.00 due to partial neurological damages
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for Bayamón, P.R. - Court sentence of $350,000.00 due to partial neurological damages.
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for Aibonito, P.R. - Settlement of $425,000.00 due to surgical damages.
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for San Juan, P.R. - Court sentence of $350,000.00 due to chemical burns.
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for San German, P.R. - Court sentence of $1,750,000.00 due to breach of contract.
U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico - Settlement of $325,000.00 due to a infringement of Puerto Rico Dealer’s Act.
Court of First Instance, Superior Court for Humacao, P.R. - Dismissal of a breach of contract action for $900,000.00.
Emergency Room (“Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act” or EMTALA)
Sharelis Coriano v.Mennonite GeneralHospital, et al., Civil No. 06-1596 (ADC)
Mayra Millán v. Hospital San Pablo, Civil No. 02-2687 (DRD)
Carolina Morales v. Hospital Auxilio Mutuo, Civil No. 06-1039 (JAG)
Evelyn Sánchez v. HIMA, Civil No. 05-1059 (JP)
Dayleen López v. Doctor’s Hospital, Civil No. 03-1704 (PG)
Yolanda Isaac v. Gilberto Rodríguez, et al., Civil No. 06-1259
Some of the type of cases managed by Pedro Soler (multiple other types of cases have been managed):
- Partial or total permanent physical impairment by car accidents
- Deaths by car accidents as a driver, passenger and pedestrian
- Neurologic cervical damages caused by whiplash
- Loss of arms, hands or legs due to an accident
- Loss of sight due to an accident or medical malpractice
- Liver failure and transplant caused by negligent laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder
- Death caused by intoxication of prescriptions
- Death due to a lack of early detection of uterus, breast, colon and liver cancer
- Death due to an accident involving negligence
- Vaginal damages due to surgery or outpatient procedures
- Skin damages due to chemicals or prescription drugs
- Skin damages due to mutilation
- Internal organ damages such as uterus, intestines, lungs, heart, ureters, prostate, stomach
- Sepsis and multi-organ damages due to sepsis
- Unnecessary or contraindicated surgery
- Unnecessary removal of both ovaries and uterus
- Total disability and vegetative state due to an allergic reaction to a medicine
- Deaths due to administration of contraindicated prescriptions
- Deaths due to lack of medical evaluation and monitoring
- Total disability due to an explosion
- Esophagus damages due to a strange body in foods
- Deaths caused by contraindicated transfusion
- Hip and femur fractures due to a fall in a nursing home
- Kidney damages due to incorrect administration of antibiotics and radiological contrast
- Development of fistula due to an unnecessary surgery
- Deaths due to lack of stabilization of vital signs
- Neurological damages and delayed development in a newborn due to lack of oxygen and fetal distress during birth
- Neurological damages to a newborn due to meconium during birth
- Neurological damages to a newborn due to “Erb’s Parly” and shoulder dystocia
- Metastasis of testicular cancer due to a lack of adequate diagnosis and treatment
- Deaths caused by lack of adequate diagnosis and treatment of a heart attack, myocardial infraction, stroke
- Fetal death caused by gestational diabetes
- Fetal death caused by lack of early treatment
- Acute appendicitis and peritonitis and sepsis due to a lack of adequate diagnosis and treatment
- Orthopedic surgery to an arm incorrectly performed
- Intestinal perforation during a colonoscopy
- Brain damage of baby by kernicterus (hyperbilirubinemia)
- Brain damage of baby by twin-to twin transfusion
- Death of twin babies due to prematurity
- Death due to lack of treatment for renal failure
- Brain damage due to negligent angioplasty
- Death due to negligent removal of catheter
- Hospital bacterial outbreak due to negligent sanitation